I have a wedding coming up in my family and I am so excited. My son is getting married in July so I decided to give my future daughter-in-law a bridal shower at my home. As a young girl, Makenzie always had a dream to have a barn wedding, and in July her dream is going to come true. So when I was planning out the Bridal Shower I wanted to come up with the same kind of theme to go along with all the festivities ahead of us.
When cauliflower pizza crust first started making its way around Pinterest and magazines I blew off the idea because I thought they were nuts. How could you take a plain ordinary vegetable as a substitution for that wonderful yummy crust that we all love and crave? But I keep hearing and seeing reviews on how it is such a big hit when making homemade pizzas that I became intrigued with it and could no longer ignore it. Continue reading
It’s the middle of March and no snow. At this point don’t bother anymore, just bring on the sunshine, warm weather and my beautiful flowers. Even though I’m still wishing for spring to come soon, there is still the want of some winter comfort food that I crave. Continue reading
There is the winter season, holiday season, hunting season and fishing season but let’s not forget about football season! It’s time to start planning for the championship football game party and I’m here to help. I have some quick and easy recipes that I would love to share with you, just in time for kickoff!
Now if you know me I like to change things up and not always do the same old, same old when it comes to party food. So I found this recipe for cocktail smokies that doesn’t call for BBQ sauce and instead uses pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and mustard. This gives those smokies a sweet and sour flavor and they are truly awesome.
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 T. Flour
- 2 tsp. Ground Mustard
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ Cup White Vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Packages Cocktail Smokies
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and mustard.
- Gradually stir in the pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add sausages; stir to coat.
- Cook, uncovered until heated through.
Next I didn’t want to just do cocktail shrimp with cocktail sauce. I wanted to change up the flavor and wow did I find some great flavor in these luscious little guys. The secret is adding horseradish to cream cheese and parmesan cheese and stuffing them in the shrimp. They are so good and they make a beautiful presentation at any kind of party you may have.
- 4 Oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 tsp. Prepared Horseradish
- 1 T. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Lb. Cooked Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Dried Parsley
- Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish and parmesan cheese until blended.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a re-sealable plastic bag; add cream cheese mixture to bag.
- Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves as shown in the video.
- Pipe about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into each shrimp. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with seafood sauce if desired.
My third recipe is really good if you are a pizza fan, and truthfully, who doesn’t like pizza? Just melt cream cheese and add pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni and you have the best pizza dip in town! Now just cut up some French bread in cubes and serve them as a dipper for this pizza dip. Yummy!!!
- 8 Oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 8Ooz. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Can Pizza Sauce
- ½ Cup Ripe Olives, choppped
- 1 Cup Sliced Pepperoni, chopped
- In a large pot, melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together.
- Next add the pizza sauce, ripe olives and chopped pepperoni then mix all together.
- To keep warm place in slow cooker.
- Serve with cubed French bread or crackers.
I don’t think I could ever have a party without Guacamole Dip, it’s just not in me. I absolutely love the stuff and I am so excited to tell everyone that we now have a “new” Guacamole Dip called “Crazy Fresh” and that is exactly what it is, so FRESH! It’s just like homemade. This is probably the best Guacamole Dip I have ever had and the best part is I don’t have to make it. It’s ready to serve.
Now if you are like me you don’t always have time to fit homemade baking into your busy schedule. So just stop by any Coborn’s Bakery and pick up some party snack mix. The mix comes in a football size tray that will look great on your party table.
Pick up a package of football cupcakes from the Coborn’s Bakery and be assured that all of your guests with a sweet tooth will be taken care of throughout the entire game.
Good luck to your team and enjoy these delicious appetizers!!